(1) This particular episode was billed as The Most Evil Women In History: Ilse Koch (1906-67).
(2) Burney’s story is apparently related by Channel 5, without accreditation.
(3) THE DUNGEON DEMOCRACY, by Christopher Burney, published by William Heinemann, London, (1945), page 6.
(4) The Hoax Of The Twentieth Century, by A.R. Butz, Second Edition, published by Historical Review Press, Brighton, Sussex, (1977), page 42.
(5) Burney, The Dungeon Democracy, page vii, (op cit).
(6) Burney, The Dungeon Democracy, page 7, (ibid).
(7) Butz, The Hoax Of The Twentieth Century, page 42, (op cit).
(8) Butz, The Hoax Of The Twentieth Century, page 43, (ibid).
(9) The Papers of General Lucius D. Clay Germany 1945-1949 (2 Volumes), Edited by Jean Edward Smith, published by Indiana University Press, Bloomington, (1974), Volume 2, page 888.
(10) Butz, The Hoax Of The Twentieth Century, page 43, (op cit).
(11) Public Record Office file WO309/1366, documents 10 and 11.
(12) And much of the other atrocity propaganda.
(13) BUCHENWALD CAMP The Report of a Parliamentary Delegation, Presented by the Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister of Defence, to Parliament by Command of His Majesty April 1945, published by His Majesty’s Stationery Office, London. Cmd. 6626.
(14) Shortly after this pseudo-documentary I picked up a brochure in Lewisham Library advertising Professor Gunter von Hagens’ exhibition Body Worlds, which is set to run at the Atlantis Gallery from March 23 to September 29.
(15) TCHE-KA The Story of the Bolshevist Extraordinary Commission, by K. Alinin, Illustrated by Six Authentic Photographs, published by the Russian Liberation Committee, London, (1920).
This slim volume is said to be PERSONAL REMINISCENCES OF THE ODESSA “TCHREZVYCHAIKA”. A copy is held by the British Library; it is stamped BRITISH MUSEUM 24 FEB 20. A photograph on page 67 is captioned: “Human ‘gloves’ found in the torture-chamber in Kharkov. The hand was plunged in boiling water and the skin pulled off.”
(16) As pointed out in the documentary, Karl Koch was executed for corruption by the SS. His entry in the Encyclopedia Of The Holocaust records that he was arrested on fraud, embezzlement and “other charges”, these “other charges” being, apparently a reference to murders “that went beyond existing orders”.
(17) According to Christopher Burney.
(18) See for example the Times, June 14, 2001, page 16.
(19) Smith, The Papers of General Lucius D. Clay Germany 1945-1949, Volume 1, page 166, (op cit).
(20) Smith, The Papers of General Lucius D. Clay Germany 1945-1949, Volume 1, page 177, (ibid).
(21) Smith, The Papers of General Lucius D. Clay Germany 1945-1949, Volume 1, page 179, (ibid).
(22) Smith, The Papers of General Lucius D. Clay Germany 1945-1949, Volume 1, page 180, (ibid).
(23) The Dictionary of NUTRITIONAL HEALTH: A Guide to the Relation Between Diet and Health, Compiled and written by ADRIENNE MAYES B.Sc., Ph.D., published by Thorsons, Wellingborough, (1986), page 217.
Back To Text
Back To Articles Index
Back To Site Index